17 January 2011

Is there a doctor in the house?

So basically I love Dr. Martens, end of.  So here are some of my favourite creations from various designers who recreated the classic Dr. Marten 1460s.

 These beauties are belong to Chrome Hearts.  Everything is just magic on these DMs; adding the zip-up leather piece over the tongue is cleverly subtle, as is the metal cross pendant and the Chrome Hearts label.

Amanda Wakeley designed these, she wanted to bring glamour to the rugged utility boots.  Pure luxury.

Edina Roday took inspiration from her 2003 collection which was full of ribbons and sequins etc.  Although I don't much care for the ribbons on the toes, I think the size of the ribbon used to lace them up is perfect. I think I'm getting inspired.

Elspeth Gibson loves to add femininity to everything she does and was intrigued by the juxtaposition of the hard boot and the soft texture of the ruffles and ribbons.  I think the ruffles around the boot could be transferred to other shoes to give them that extra something.

This pair was done by Mrs. Jones, and they are amazing as you can see, inspiration, inspiration, inspiration.

Preen have totally achieved that Dickensian orphan look that they set out to do and these would be a super easy DIY using old buckles brooches and any other bits and bobs you have lying around.

These last ones are from Sean John, Diddy's company (if that's what he calling himself at the mo, i can never keep up!).  They evoke that masculine sophisticated sexuality with the swagger of a rebel that apparently only Sean John men do!
Each of the Dr. Martens have given me a lot of inspiration but that's no good unless you have the money to buy a load of pairs so if anyone is feeling particularly generous I'm a size 5.5-6 uk...!

I'm listening to; Love's a Loaded Gun by Alice Cooper 
Images from: http://www.1460boots.com

No comments:

Post a Comment