8 February 2011

✄ DIY Furry Cutie Boots

Here's a quick and simple DIY I've just made.  I had some rather tired looking pixie ankle boots, that have done stout service, and I thought it might be time for a makeover.
i've never seen a pair of boots look so sad
 So that was then, and this is now...
This was super easy; I went to my not-so-local local haberdashery (but the drive is worth it) and bought a previously measured length of fur trim, don't forget when measuring always add a bit extra in case of mistakes.  Then sew it onto the outside of the boot roughly 1cm from the top so you don't pull all the feathers out when putting them on and taking them off.
And that's it. Easy.  But it's never that easy when I'm involved; as soon as I'd finished I wanted to use lace instead.  Typical me.  I suppose I'll keep them as they are until summer when I'll swap to lace, but I'll tell you now, I'm not happy about it!

I'm listening to: 'Pictures of Matchstick Men' by Status Quo

No comments:

Post a Comment