18 August 2011

✄ DIY tutorial: (finally) Finished Pearly Sunglasses

Looks pretty simple doesn't it? Well, it's a lot harder than it think! (see post from ages ago)
So I'll pick up where I left off on the last post:

So yeh, I ran out of pearls! Always check you have enough materials before you start creating or you'll have to wait months and months before you can find more of the same. Lesson learned!

This may look like a backwards step but that's the price you have to pay for being a perfectionist. The pearls were ever so slightly unsemetrical so naturally I ripped all of them off and started again! This meant that I had to spend half an hour filing down the superglue that was left on the sunglasses so that the pearls would sit evenly. I also had to file down some of the edges of the pearls so they could slot next to eachother to make the perfect heart shape. It was all totally worth it.

What do you think of my latest DIY? If you like what you see then spread the word. If you have a go at it please credit me and don't forget to send me your pictures.

I'm listening to: 'Still of the Night' by Whitesnake

No comments:

Post a Comment